Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tuk the Turtle

I haven't posted in a while so when I was looking through pics tonight I saw this and smiled. In April after it had rained a good bit, I found a tiny turtle in the backyard. I had never seen one so tiny it fit in the palm of my hand. Well of course Luke had to keep it and show all his friends. So we put it in a habitat and kept it for two days. I convinced him to let it go and one day it would be back to visit. After a tearful goodbye and painting an "L" on his back, Tuk swam very quickly to his family. About three weeks later we saw a turtle out in the yard. So Zach and I quickly painted a L with fingernail polish on his back. Not thinking about the size of the turtle we called Luke outside to see his friend "Tuk." He was so excited and just laughed and couldn't believe how big he had grown. Unfortunately, we haven't seen Tuk back in the yard since then but Luke loves for me to tell him the story of how Tuk the Turtle came to visit him.

No comments:

Post a Comment